A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Friday, January 20, 2017

Elizabeth Craft Designs Elegant Roses

Hello Friends,

I am back today with a really dainty card. I was playing around with my Elizabeth Craft Designs dies and just fell in love with this new die called "Gatefold - Elegant Roses" from our brand new release. I used my Big Shot to cut out this die and it cut beautifully.


My card size is 6x6" and I started with a pale pink base of card stock. I then found a piece of designer paper from a Authentique 6x6" paper pad. I chose a darker background piece so that the beautiful die would show up well when placed over it.

I cut the Elegant Roses die twice and trimmed a little bit off the straight edge since I wasn't making a gatefold style card. I wanted the Elegant Roses die to be a frilly backdrop for the handmade flowers I was planning on adding.

For the Floral part of the card I have used Leafy Branch 4 from our Moda Scraps Collection and Garden Notes Carnation from the Susan Garden collection. This was the very first time I have made a flower using Susan's Garden Club dies and let me tell you her you tube videos are amazing. Click below to view her Garden Notes Carnation video tutorial.


I used Susan's Flower Making Tool Kit along with her Mini Molding Mat.  to create these two flowers along with the Kid's Choice glue. 

Before gluing the flowers down I dabbled a little of the glue onto the edges of the flowers and using a coffee filter under it I sprinkled some of Elizabeth Craft Designs Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. After that dried I finished off with some Kid's Choice Glue in the center then I sprinkled Prills into the center.  

All of these amazing products can be purchased over in the Elizabeth Craft Designs web store. I hope you have enjoyed today's post as much as I enjoyed making it for all of you. I hope you will choose to follow my work by clicking on the "follow me" link on the side tool bar. Happy Creating Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment